This was last weeks recipe! just slow posting it
IF any of you lurkers or friends have any cool recipes that you think we might like or that we should try please send them to me at.... CoffeeMomskitchen@yahoo.com
I had been signed up to Bust a meal but alot of the recipes there my family would not eat but I did find a Easy Skillet Cordon Bleu and we tried it. It was ok but if we do it a next time theres a few things I will change... I thoughts are written into the recipe
Easy Skillet Cordon Bleu
Active: 20min Marinate/Stand: 0min Serves: 6
1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 chicken tenders (about 1 lb.) (better with raw chicken not the pre grilled ones)
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
8 Canadian bacon slices, cut into thin strips ( I diced mine up)
4 Swiss cheese slices, halved
1. Cut 8 slices Canadian bacon into thin strips.
2. Cut 4 Swiss cheese slices in half.
Combine and Cook
1. Combine 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, 1 teaspoon pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large zip-top
plastic freezer bag.
2. Rinse chicken tenders, and add to freezer bag.
3. Seal bag, and shake to coat.
4. Melt 1 tablespoon butter with 1 tablespoon oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
5. Cook chicken 3 1/2 to 4 minutes on each side or until done.
6. Arrange Canadian bacon strips over chicken in skillet, and top each with 1 cheese slice.
7. Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. ( mine just melted on the stove top and everyone loved it)